SUMMIT’s Laboratory services are capable of performing the full range of advanced materials testing services to meet needs of our clientele and support our Construction Materials Testing, Special Inspections and Geotechnical Departments. Our laboratory is inspected by NCDOT, AMRL, CCRL and is accredited by AASHTO and ACI. Testing of soils and concrete for the determination of engineering properties are performed in accordance with the appropriate ASTM or AASHTO procedures as dictated by the project requirements.
Our 5,000 SF primary laboratory facility houses state-of-the-art equipment for consolidation, triaxial shear testing, permeability and other advanced test procedures and is the primary materials laboratory for multiple local engineers and contractors who require accurate and timely test results.
SUMMIT also offers Petrographic Testing to help our clients identify problems with new or existing concrete and determine the current state of a concrete mass. Through this offering, we provide in-depth information on the type, proportion and reactivity of different constituents, on-going deterioration mechanisms, and potential for future deterioration.
To learn more about our Petrographic Testing Services and how to schedule a “state of the concrete” investigation, download our Petrographic Testing Services brochure.
- Petrographic Testing Services
- Proctors (Standard and Modified)
- Compressive Strength Testing of Concrete Mortar, and Grout
- Atterberg Limits
- Grain Sizes Including Hydrometers
- Triaxial Shear Testing
- Soil Cement/Lime Mix Designs
- California Bearing Ratio (CBR)
- Flexural Strength Testing of Concrete
- Aggregate Testing for Organic Impurities
- Aggregate Testing for Specific Gravity, Absorption, and Gradation
- Laboratory Preparation of Concrete Mix Design per ACI 211
- Roller Compacted Concrete Mix Design Natural Moisture Content
- Hydraulic Conductivity on Cohesive Soils
- Unconfined Compression on Rock
- One Dimensional Consolidation